The AGE 16 to 24 programme is a great incentive for employers who have been thinking about recruiting an apprentice.
The current programme is available until December 2014 and is aimed at employers with less than 1000 employees.
A new AGE 16 to 24 programme is being launched in January 2015. This programme will be aimed at small businesses who have less than 50 employees. Businesses will be given the opportunity to take advantage of a maximum of 5 apprenticeship grants of £1,500 towards taking on an apprentice.
Which employers are eligible?
The programme is open to businesses throughout England. To obtain a grant employers must:
- Confirm that they are not able to recruit an apprentice without a grant,
- Have less than 50 employees,
- Confirm that they have not recruited an apprentice in the 12 month period before the start date of the apprentice for whom the grant is for,
- Pledge to employ the apprentice for a minimum of 12 months or the time it takes them to complete their Apprenticeship,
- Confirm that they are aware of and do not breach any State Aid rules by receiving the grant,
- Agree to pay the apprentice in line with legal minimum requirements or more.
For a full eligibility outline please see: http://www.apprenticeships.org.uk/~/media/Documents/AGE16TO24/AGE%20Employer%20Fact%20Sheet%20v17%20Final.ashx
If you would like to find out more or to apply for a grant please contact us. We are currently working with a wide range of businesses throughout Wiltshire, Gloucestershire and further afield helping them to develop their businesses with an apprenticeship programme.